Take a journey through Beijing and explore its rich history, ancient tombs, and the Great Wall of China on this full-day tour. Discover the well-preserved Ming tombs and enjoy majestic views atop the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu.
Be picked up from your hotel, sit back, and enjoy your ride through the countryside, passing by its natural surroundings. Explore the Underground Palace, a well-preserved burial site of 13 Ming Dynasty Emperors covering 30 acres (12 ha). Marvel at the traditional architectural grandeur, distinctive wood carvings, and ancient relics, which all provide glimpses into China’s imperial history.
Break for a delicious Chinese lunch before visiting a jade-carving factory. See the process of producing jade and watch how the workers delicately carve this piece of jewelry.
Next, travel to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Climb this generations-old architectural treasure, walk along the 1.55-mile (2.5-km) stretch, and enjoy spectacular views atop the longest wall in the world. Alternatively, ride the cable car (at an additional cost) to the highest point of the Great Wall.
For your last stop, drop by a local tea market to see the process of Chinese tea making and taste the distinctive tea flavors (at your own expense). Don’t miss the opportunity to purchase some mementos before returning to your hotel.
* Exploration of Great Wall of China & Underground Palace
* UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site—Great Wall of China
* Panoramic sights atop the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
* Discovery of well-preserved ancient tombs from Ming Dynasty
* Stress-free roundtrip transfer from your downtown Beijing hotel
* Two shopping stops
* Guided tour to Great Wall of China’s Mutianyu section & Underground Palace
* Admission fees
* Roundtrip transportation to and from your Beijing downtown hotel
* English speaking tour guide only
* Cable car ride: RMB 80/ ticket, one way
* Beverages and snacks
* Children 1 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
You can cancel free of charge until 72 hours before your reservation starts. After that time, no cancellations, changes or refunds will be made.